montego efi 2 litre engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• montego efi 2 litre engine.

i have a 3 leg puller on the crankshaft pulley. it should come off easy, the manual says [if sticky, ease off witha couple of screwdrivers ] the retaining bolt is half screwed in for the puller to bear on, i'm afraid to put on more pressure, might bust something. ???

Re: montego efi 2 litre engine.

The pulley is screwed onto the toothed cam pulley with 4 screws iirc...and the toothed pulley is keyed onto the crankshaft. So long as the crank pulley is free to separate from the toothed pulley (i.e. the 4 screws are removed) give it some welly. Don't use heat though as you'll melt the rubber vibration damper. Try some firm taps with a rubber mallet while you have some pressure on...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

i removed the center retaining bolt, and a large washer that exposed 3 threaded holes in the pulley that you can poke a screwdriver into for @ an inch or so. i've tried the mallet...i don't see the 4 screws !!! thanks for replying..

Comment

Hmmm - my spare Sherpa O2 block (which is supposed to be the same as the Monty) is set up that way...
        If you're sure there isn't anything else attaching it then I guess you'll need to wind up the pressure on the puller..!
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Surely the threaded holes are for inserting bolts to wind up and push the pulley off?? dont know just a suggestion!
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Just what I was thinking Ben.

Comment

the engine is i believe, a 20 HP elec/ ign. fuel ingection. i read that there is no manual for this [bugger ]. just a few supplementery notes at the back of my montego owners w man.. the car was built by Geff Ganderton. the pulley in the manual is a 3 spoked open affair, mine is solid. there is very little for the 3 screws to bear on [ see bens [ push the pulley off ] just a slightly domed washer.. as someone said [ilove my MARLIN , it keeps me off the road.. ive replaced the water pump, and need to replace the oil pump but that little circular sod is still hangin' on..

Comment

sometime later 2015.. my marlin experience didn't go too well, 3 years membership, 3 marlins, did @ 50 miles, mechanical lemons.. lost 3 thousand quid.. [ these cars have a known history and are ...etc etc..

Comment

Working...
                X