Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent workmanship!

Comment

• I have modified the reverse mechanism for use with my remote gearchange. Not my idea - I copied it from someone else that had already done it.
      It involves fitting a spring to the reverse lockout plate so it can be pushed to one side instead of having to lift the gearstick to clear it. Seems to work! But only time will tell how good it is in practice.
      gearbox_mod3 by Robin Martin, on Flickr
      gearbox_mod2 by Robin Martin, on Flickr

And I have pretty much completed the transmission tunnel and floors now. The floors are bonded in using Sikaflex 522 for strength and waterproofing. Should easily outlive me!
      And I trial fitted one of the seats. Err - it didn't fit - too wide. But a bit of attention with some ratchet staps has sorted that. And there is plenty of room between the seat base and the larger than normal steering wheel that I plan to use. My extra depth doors should allow relatively easy entry and exit - I hope...
      seat_trial_fit by Robin Martin, on Flickr​

Comment

• Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
        I have modified the reverse mechanism for use with my remote gearchange. Not my idea - I copied it from someone else that had already done it.
        It involves fitting a spring to the reverse lockout plate so it can be pushed to one side instead of having to lift the gearstick to clear it. Seems to work! But only time will tell how good it is in practice.
        gearbox_mod3 by Robin Martin, on Flickr
        gearbox_mod2 by Robin Martin, on Flickr

And I have pretty much completed the transmission tunnel and floors now. The floors are bonded in using Sikaflex 522 for strength and waterproofing. Should easily outlive me!
        And I trial fitted one of the seats. Err - it didn't fit - too wide. But a bit of attention with some ratchet staps has sorted that. And there is plenty of room between the seat base and the larger than normal steering wheel that I plan to use. My extra depth doors should allow relatively easy entry and exit - I hope...
        seat_trial_fit by Robin Martin, on Flickr​
        Hiya

Yep that was my idea and I can confirm that after 3 years it is still working fine.

Well done, I really am enjoying your blog.

Regards

Adrian

Comment

Working...
        X